The official photographs from the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on Saturday have been released by Kensington Palace. The pictures were taken by photographer Alexi Lubomirski at Windsor Castle, following the carriage procession.
The first of the three photographs shows the Duke and the Duchess with their immediate families, including Ms. Doria Ragland (the Duchess’ mother), the Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge and prince George and Princess Charlotte. The picture was taken in the Green Drawing Room of Windsor Castle.
The second photograph shows the bride and the groom with their six bridesmaids and their four pageboys. The picture was also taken inside the Green Drawing Room inside the castle.
The last photographs depicts the happy couple on the East Steps of Windsor Castle. Meghan’s veil has been removed. Kensington Palace said: ‘The Duke and Duchess would like to thank everyone who took part in the celebrations of their Wedding. They feel so lucky to have been able to share their day with all those gathered in Windsor and those who watched on television across the UK, Commonwealth, and around the world.’
Photographs: ©Kensington Palace/Alexi Lubomirski
After the wedding ceremony, the carriage ride through Windsor and the lunchtime reception, it was time for the glamorous evening reception. This reception was hosted by the Prince of Wales at Frogmore House, near Windsor Castle. Only 200 of the 600 wedding guests were invited for this exclusive party.
The Duke and Duchess did not choose to wear their day wear for the party, and changed inside Windsor Castle. Luckily, some photographers were allowed to take pictures of the couple leaving the Castle in a Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero. The car was already build in the 1960s but converted into an electric car a few years ago. The Duke drove his new wife to the venue.
Continue reading “The Evening Reception at Frogmore House”
As the couple stepped into their carriage after the wedding ceremony at St. George’s Chapel, they were waved off by family and friends. The Carriage Procession through Windsor was designed to allow members of the public to see the couple. The couple travelled in one of the Ascot Landau carriage pulled by Windsor Grey horses.
The twenty-five minute procession saw the newlyweds travel along Castle Hill, the High Street and into Windsor town centre before returning along the beautiful, tree-lined Long Walk for their reception. Thousands of people lined the streets of Windsor to see the couple.
Continue reading “The Carriage Ride through Windsor & the Lunchtime Reception”
It’s Royal Wedding Day! Following the arrival of more than 600 guests this morning, the Wedding Ceremony started at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor at noon. Many members of the Royal Family were in attendance, including the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. They were last to arrive before the bridesmaids and the pageboys with their mothers, and finally the bride. After climbing the steps of St. George’s Chapel, Meghan moves in procession through the Nave where she is joined by The Prince of Wales. He accompanied her on the second half of her walk to the High Altar, where she met the groom, the Duke of Sussex.
Continue reading “The Royal Wedding Ceremony”
We will have live updates during the entire day, and seperate blog posts on the most important events. Below the liveblog, you can read where to watch the Royal Wedding live.
- The Duchess of Sussex will be wearing a bespoke gown by Stella McCartney tonight.
- The first blog post is up on the blog now on the Royal Wedding Ceremony!
- We will see the couple next when they leave Windsor Castle for their evening reception at Frogmore House around 19:00hrs tonight. The reception is hosted by the Prince of Wales.
- The Duke and the Duchess of Sussex are now married. They have been through their carriage ride in Windsor and had their lunchtime reception hosted by the Queen at Windsor Castle.
- The dress is made by the acclaimed British designer, Clare Waight Keller. Ms. Waight Keller last year became the first female Artistic Director at the historic French fashion house Givenchy.
- Guest have started to arrive at the Chapel, including some famous faces, such as Oprah Winfrey, the Earl and the Countess Spencer (the late Princess Diana’s brother), Idris Elba, the Beckhams, the Clooneys, Elton John, the Suits stars and the Middleton family.
- Prince Harry’s new titles will be the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. After her wedding, Meghan’s titles will be: Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex, Countess of Dumbarton and Lady Kilkeel.
- Last night, Prince Harry embarked on a walkabout near Windsor Castle with his brother and best man, the Duke of Cambridge. The two men spend the night at an hotel near Windsor. In the mean time, Meghan and her mother arrived at Cliveden House Hotel. Meghan looked absolutely stunning in a navy Roland Mouret dress.
- 20:00hrs: That’s it for today! We will have more posts covering the Royal Wedding tomorrow, including the carriage ride. We might have more information on the evening party tomorrow too. For the rest of the week: we’ll have a lot of posts coming up covering the fashion worn by the Royal guests!
- 19:45hrs: It is thought that Meghan is wearing her first piece of jewellery from the late Princess Diana’s jewellery box: a big aquamarine ring. There are of course also two diamonds from the late Princess’ collection in her engagement ring too. We suspect this ring is a wedding gift from the groom. UPDATE: This was confirmed by the Palace just yet! Meghan’s also wearing diamond Cartier earrings, thought to be matching her Cartier diamond bracelet worn during the wedding ceremony earlier today.
- 19:20hrs: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have just left Windsor Castle. Harry is driving the Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero. They are having a private evening reception for their close friends and family.
Continue reading “LIVEBLOG: It’s Royal Wedding Day!”