Only three days to go until the Royal Wedding of the Year! In this blog post, you can read updates and new information on the wedding from the past 48 hours.
The ‘Mr. Markle Situation‘ – The subject that made the most headlines in the past days was Thomas Markle, Meghan’s father. Currently, it looks like he is not attending the wedding on Saturday, because he is having a heart surgery at the moment. However, things have been changing a lot since it was reported by TMZ on Monday night that Mr. Markle was not coming to the wedding. Kensington Palace seems to be not in control of the situation, and has not said anything on the subject in public apart from a short statement on behalf of Meghan a few hours after the first reports of her father not attending the wedding. More on this in this special blog post.
The Bridal Party – Finally some news on the Bridal Party! Prince Harry and Meghan have asked six bridesmaids and four pageboys for their wedding.
A full list:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte (3)
- Miss Florence van Cutsem (3) – goddaughter of Prince Harry, daughter of Mrs. Alice van Cutsem and Major Nicholas van Cutsem
- Miss Remi Litt (6) – goddaughter of Meghan, daughter of Mrs. Benita Litt and Mr. Darren Litt
- Miss Rylan Litt (7) – goddaughter of Meghan, daughter of Mrs. Benita Litt and Mr. Darren Litt
- Miss Ivy Mulroney (4) – daughter of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney
- Miss Zalie Warren (2) – daughter of Mrs. Zoe Warren and Mr. Jake Warren
- His Royal Highness Prince George (4)
- Master Jasper Dyer (6) – godson of Prince Harry, son of Mrs. Amanda Dyer and Mr. Mark Dyer M.V.O.
- Master Brian Mulroney (7) – son of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney
- Master John Mulroney (7) son of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney
Kensington Palace also said that details about the Bridesmaids’ dresses and the Page Boys’ uniforms will be made available on the wedding day.
As you may remember, Prince George and Princess Charlotte already acted as bridesmaid and pageboy at the wedding of their maternal aunt, Pippa Middleton, to James Matthews last year. They are the only two members of the bridal party that are actually family to the couple. Three others are godchildren to Prince Harry, while two of them are godchildren to Meghan. The other three children are the children of Meghan’s best friend, Jessica Mulroney. The youngest child is only two years old, while the oldest three are seven.
The arrival of Doria – Doria Ragland, the mother of the bride, was seen boarding a plane at Los Angeles International Airport yesterday, and is expected to arrive in London today. She will be meeting the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in the coming days. Ms. Ragland has been very much involved with the planning of the wedding and is expected to be a huge support to her daughter in the days leading up to the big day.
The arrival of the friends – Over the past days, numerous of Meghan’s loyal friends have been arriving in Europe. Some of them have posted photographs of enjoying London, such as Meghan’s co-stars from Suits, Gabriel and Jaccinda Barrett, Rick Hoffman and Sarah Rafferty.