Members of the Royal Family are attending the State Banquet in honour of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace tonight. The CHOGM is held in London this week, and heads of state from all 53 Commonwealth nations will be present at the Banquet tonight.
Before the dinner started, speeches were given by the President of Kenya, the Prime Minister of New Zealand and Her Majesty The Queen.
On the menu at the State Banquet (or the Queen’s Dinner) tonight are (with many thanks to Royal Correspondent @emynash):
- Watercress Panna Cotta with Quails Eggs and Parmesan Shortbread
- Fillet of Halibut with Salmon Quenelles, Asparagus and Truffles, Spring Vegetables, Jersey Royal Potatoes, Avocado and Tomato Salad.
- Rhubarb and Ginger Mousseline
A list of Royals present (with links to the tiaras to Royal ladies are wearing):
- Her Majesty the Queen (wearing the diamond Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara and ruby and diamond jewels, last seen on the Duchess of Cambridge last year)
- The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (wearing the diamond Greville tiara)
- The Duke of Cambridge
- Prince Harry
- The Duke of York
- Princess Eugenie of York
- Princess Beatrice of York
- Princess Anne ( wearing her diamond Festoon tiara) and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex (wearing the aquamarine and diamond Wessex Aquamarine Necklace tiara)
- The Duke of Kent
- The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester (wearing the diamond Iveagh tiara)
- Princess Alexandra (wearing the diamond and pearl Ogilvy tiara)
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (wearing the diamond Kent City of London Fringe tiara)
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice of York are both not wearing a tiara. It is expected that the two Princesses will await their wedding to wear a tiara for the first time.