After two very succesful days in Sweden, the visit of the Duke and Duchess is almost over. It was planned that they would receive a briefing on the Swedish Armed forces and view some aircraft at Uppsala Airbase. Sadly, because of the very heavy snowfall, this engagement could not go ahead. Instead, the Duke and Duchess had a briefing by Swedish Minister of Defence, Peter Hultqvist, the Chief of staff of the Air Force, Major General Mats Helgesson, and the CEO of Saab – Håkan Buskhe.
After the meeting, the Duke and Duchess and their entourage will depart Stockholm for Oslo, Norway. Their arrival is scheduled to be around noon.
The Duchess is wearing a blue coat and a beautiful updo.
Later today in Norway:
- At Oslo Gardemoen Airport, the Duke and Duchess will be received by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit.
- From the airport, the Royal party will travel to the Royal Palace in Stockholm for an official luncheon with King Harald and Queen Sonja. Other members of the Norwegian Royal Family will be in attendance.
- After the luncheon, the Duke and Duchess will visit the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park near the Royal Palace. The Park was opened in honour of the heriditary Princess Ingrid Alexandra (14), the oldest daughter of the Norwegian Crown Prince Couple. The Duke and Duchess will embark on a short walkabout to meet members of the public during their visit to the park.
- In the afternoon, the Duke and Duchess and the Crown Prince couple will visit an event at MESH (a working space for entrepreneurs and start-up companies). TRH will meet a number of Norwegian and British companies based at MESH.
- The Duke and Duchess, again accompanied by the Crown Prince couple, will visit the Akershus Fortress in Oslo to look at Norway’s new search and rescue helicopter.
- Their Majesties the King and the Queen are helding an official dinner in honour of the Duke and the Duchess in the evening at the Royal Palace. Both King Harald and the Duke will give a speech at the dinner, which will be attended by members of the government, business leaders, people from the Norwegian creative industries and members of the Norwegian Armed Forces.
The full itinerary can be read via this link.
A Royal Tour Recap
- Sporty Morning at Vasaparken (day 1)
- A Very Royal Afternoon (day 1
- A Bold Black-Tie Dinner at the British Ambassador’s Residence (day 1)
- Another Busy Day at the Karolinska Institute, NK and Haga Palace (day 2)
- A Glittering Night at the Fotografiska Gallery (day 2)