At Oslo Gardemoen Airport, the Duke and Duchess are received by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. The airport was fully covered in snow this morning and the outside temperature is around 0 C. Tomorrow will be even colder, as the weather reports are now saying that it will be between -7 and -12 C during the day.
From the airport, the Royal party travelled to the Royal Palace in Stockholm for an official luncheon with King Harald and Queen Sonja. Princess Märtha-Louise, the daughter of the King and Queen, and Princess Astrid, the King’s sister, also joined the luncheon. Before the luncheon, official pictures were taken in the famous Bird Room.
After the luncheon, the Duke and Duchess visited the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park near the Royal Palace. The Park was opened in honour of the heriditary Princess Ingrid Alexandra (14), the oldest daughter of the Norwegian Crown Prince Couple. The Duke and Duchess embarked on a short walkabout to meet members of the public during their visit to the park. They were joined by the Crown Princess Couple, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra and Queen Sonja.
In the afternoon, the Duke and Duchess and the Crown Prince couple will visit an event at MESH (a working space for entrepreneurs and start-up companies). TRH will meet a number of Norwegian and British companies based at MESH.
The Duke and Duchess, again accompanied by the Crown Prince couple, will visit the Akershus Fortress in Oslo to look at Norway’s new search and rescue helicopter.
The Duchess is wearing another new Catherine Walker coat and the ‘Marlene‘ maternity dress by Séraphine. She’s also wearing her sapphire drop earrings and her trusty black Tod’s block heels for the first events of the day.
After the luncheon, she changed her accessoires from black to brown: brown boots, brown faux fur cuffs, her brown alpaca fur hat and a brown matching bag. She now also wears her hair down.
- Their Majesties the King and the Queen are helding an official dinner in honour of the Duke and the Duchess in the evening at the Royal Palace. Both King Harald and the Duke will give a speech at the dinner, which will be attended by members of the government, business leaders, people from the Norwegian creative industries and members of the Norwegian Armed Forces.
The full itinerary can be read via this link.
A Royal Tour Recap
- Sporty Morning at Vasaparken (day 1)
- A Very Royal Afternoon (day 1
- A Bold Black-Tie Dinner at the British Ambassador’s Residence (day 1)
- Another Busy Day at the Karolinska Institute, NK and Haga Palace (day 2)
- A Glittering Night at the Fotografiska Gallery (day 2)